Uncategorized

A day in Philadelphia!

I might be biased, but Philadelphia is a beautiful city – one that is often overlooked, judged & misunderstood. I’m very proud to be from this place, and love to flaunt its best aspects any chance I get. When my cousin Kelly visited from Texas last weekend, we spent a day enjoying the last of the fading autumn colors and bearable weather while strolling the streets of Center City.
IMG_9462IMG_9463IMG_9439Rittenhouse Square showing off. IMG_9436How cute is Old City?
IMG_9464IMG_9441Elfreth’s Alley is America’s oldest continuously inhabited street. Though it’s one of Philly’s historic attractions, I’d never visited before and I was KIND OF obsessed with it. The doors were so tiny and I could just imagine Ben Franklin-types bustling through back in the day.IMG_9466Helloooo, nachos! This place, Monkey Bar, was amazeballs. My favorite sushi restaurant was right across the street before it closed its Philadelphia location a few years ago (RIP Haru), but I had never thought to check out the yellow bar on the corner with the white twinkly lights. I’m glad we did this time, though, because our waitress was so fun and the bartender was not bad to look at and our nachos were delish. IMG_9424IMG_9465IMG_9467Have you been to Philadelphia? Would you like to visit?

• Reply Margie

I love your pictures of Philadelphia. It makes me want to visit it again!

November 12, 2014 at 8:08 am

Tonight? LOL you make it sound like it’s a far-fetched daydream that would require extensive planning. Let’s get brunch in Center City soon!

November 12, 2014 at 9:26 am

A piece of my heart will forever lie in the streets of Philadelphia. <3

November 12, 2014 at 8:11 am
  • Reply clarkreanna

It looks beautiful! I have never been to the States, let alone Philadephia! I would love to travel to the US one day, though it is so big I would have no idea where to even state.

November 12, 2014 at 8:19 am

Definitely make the trip to the US! A lot of people from other countries are obsessed with New York and like to start there… so if that’s the case with you, Philly is only about a 2hour train ride from NYC! Check it out, you will be surprised by it 🙂

November 12, 2014 at 9:28 am
  • Reply seanf81

Great blog! Definitely adding Philadelphia to my must see list!

November 12, 2014 at 9:11 am

Thank you! Philly is definitely worth a visit 🙂

November 12, 2014 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Single Girl

Love this girlfriend 🙂

November 12, 2014 at 10:06 am
  • Reply papict

We moved to the Philly suburbs from Scotland just over a year ago and – though we’ve not explored the city anywhere near as much as I would have liked to because life’s been busy – I am thoroughly enjoying playing tourist in a new city.

November 12, 2014 at 11:08 am

BEAUTIFUL!
    You’re not biased this is breath-taking!

November 18, 2014 at 11:20 am

i’m glad you think so! 🙂

November 18, 2014 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply Jodi

Though I live in Mars (suburb north of Pittsburgh, I’ve never considered Philadelphia a place to visit until you’ve shown it through these amazing photos! It’s only a hop, skip, and jump, so I am going to add it to my never-ending list of places I want to visit and explore. Haven’t been there since I was a child. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for finding my blog so I could discover you and yours! Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

November 26, 2014 at 10:18 am

Hi Jodi! I was actually in Mars last year for a conference. Philly has so many hidden gems! Check it out! 🙂

November 26, 2014 at 10:19 am

& Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

November 26, 2014 at 10:19 am
  • Reply November, according to Instagram | skyward eyes

[…] in some good sights as Kelly and I strolled around Old City.Rittenhouse Square looked pretty good.Learned some good history at Elfreth’s Alley in […]

December 1, 2014 at 2:49 pm
  • Reply The great state of Texas | skyward eyes

[…] cousin Kelly (we traveled to Chicago together in September and she visited us in Philly in November!) came over to her parents’ house with her boyfriend shortly after we arrived and we settled […]

January 31, 2015 at 3:47 pm
  • Reply Wish you were here (notes on homesickness) | skyward eyes

[…] Other posts you might enjoy: Where to go from here / Quitting is for champs / For this I am grateful / Creating time wealth /A day in Philadelphia! […]

May 14, 2015 at 2:29 am